This post is to:
- provide attendees of my NCTIES presentation, “Using Technology to Personalize Literacy Instruction” with resources in one place
- share the resources of this presentation with TSV readers and PLNs unable to attend but would value the information
Session Essential Questions:
- What technology tools are available to support readers at various levels?
- How can these tools support students as they work to meet CCSS ELA/Literacy standards?
- How can they simplify and enhance a teacher’s ability to differentiate literacy instruction for classes that have a wide range of reading abilities?
Session Learning Goals: (The teachers will be able to…)
- use technology to assess the level of a text
- embed questions, discussion, and video right into the text
- enable students to create their own digital book
A screencast of the tools I featured is available here: Vol.#62: Every Teacher a Literacy Teacher Via Technology
My own rubric for using Newsela quizzed & leveled articles as Article of the Week can be downloaded for free from TpT by clicking here.
Literacy Tools Featured:
Other tools mentioned: